Where Can I Teach and Travel with a TESOL Certificate?

Teach and travel with a TESOL certificate Teaching English as a second language (TESOL) is a very popular option for people who want to travel. The minimum requirement is a university degree and an internationally recognized TESOL certificate. You don’t need previous teaching experience or a teaching degree to go abroad! You can take an accredited TESOL certification in under 4 weeks and have the credentials to teach English in over 20 countries, earning more than $2,500 per month plus benefits such as free accommodation, airfare, health insurance, and paid holidays.

Entry-Level Jobs

Requirements: University degree + TESOL Certificate

The largest group of English teachers consists of young university graduates who want to teach English abroad during their gap-year. These teachers have little or no teaching experience and they come from very diverse educational backgrounds. Most entry-level teachers go to South Korea, China, Japan, Turkey, and Thailand because they hire thousands of teachers every year, they are great travel destinations, and they offer the best packages. An entry-level teacher who works 29 hours a week earns $1,500-$2,500 per month plus accommodation and other benefits. All you need to get a job is an accredited TESOL certificate of at least 100 hours.

Take an accredited TESOL course for under $400!

Professional Jobs

Requirements: BA (Education or English preferred) or MA degree in Education, Linguistics, or English + Teaching License + TESOL Certificate

There are plenty of lucrative opportunities for experienced teachers. Public school jobs in Hong Kong and the United Arab Emirates pay between $45,000 and $70,000 a year. This is a great opportunity to consider if you want to pursue a lucrative career after your gap-year experience.

TESOL certification is required if you wish to teach English in one of these premium ESL programs. A Bachelor in Education and teaching experience does not provide candidates with the skills to teach English. TESOL is a very specialized subject and teachers must know how to use various approaches within the Communicative Language Teaching method. For highly paid jobs, an advanced TESOL certificate such as the OnTESOL Diploma is recommended.

Experienced teacher explains how the TESOL Diploma helped him get the best jobs in the UAE

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.