TESOL China RecruitmentMany recent TESOL graduates cannot decide between using a recruiter or going to China on their own. We asked one of our graduates about his experience and he provided the following advice:

“Trainees should not have a problem to get a Chinese tourist visa (L visa). A one-month tourist visa is common, which can be renewed in major cities without too much trouble, at least for a short time (say, a week). However, to convert a tourist visa (L visa) to a work (Z visa) is far more complicated and normally requires a departure from the mainland. For example, I had to take a flight to Hong Kong from Shanghai for a day to replace my business visa (F visa) with a work visa. I hope to avoid this in future! If trainees can find a job from Canada/USA, the agency or school will assist with the visa process, which is much easier than my experience. On arrival in China with a work visa, a residence permit will also be required and usually must be renewed each year”.

Free Recruitment – TESOL China

Teach English in China with EF English First! OnTESOL offers free job placement assistance with the leading language school in China. Teach English to adults, children, or online.  Competitive salary! Job package includes visa processing and Mandarin lessons plus OnTESOL offers a free 120-hour TESOL / TEFL certification course to successful candidates. Apply now and start in less than 4 months!

Related Articles

TEFL China: Accommodation, Salary, Part-Time Jobs, and Taxes 

TEFL China: Finding a Job

TESOL China: Overcoming Culture Shock


0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.